Which archer, red or green, demonstrated more accuracy?
1. The objective is to hit the bull’s eye of the target, which is the center black circle.
2. The archer with the best accuracy hits the bull’s eye more often.
3. Which arrows, red or green, hit the bull’s eye?
Answer: Only red arrows hit the bull’s eye, so the archer who shot the red arrows has more accuracy than does the archer who shot the green arrows.
Which Archer, red or green, demonstrates more precision?
1. Precision is being able to repeat an action. For this example, the archer who is able to shoot arrows to the same place would be more precise. Note: Precision has nothing to do with hitting the bull’s eye. Precision is only a measure of being able to shoot the arrows to the same place over and over again.
2. Where did the five green arrows hit?
The five green arrows are grouped together in the outer orange ring of the target.
3. Where did the five red arrows hit?
Four red arrow struck the target. Since five red arrows were shot, the fifth arrow landed outside the target and outside the view of the area shown in the diagram.
Two red arrow struck the bull’s eye but are separated. The remaining two red arrows struck the orange outer ring on opposite sides of the target.
Answer: The archer who shot green arrows had more precision.