What would be my variables? How I will analyze the data?
First, your question needs to be modified so that it identifies the independent variable (air volume that you control) and the dependent variable
(how the independent variable affects the car).
Your question needs to be something like this:
What effect does the volume of air have on the velocity of the car?
Think About This:
1. How can you control the volume of air?
2. How can you determine the velocity of the car?
3. What would be your hypothesis and what do you base it on?
4. Describe an experiment that can be used to test your hypothesis.
- You need an experiment with measurable results.
- Do at least four tests for each variable.
- Measurements should be in metric units.
- Remember to control all variables except for the two that are identified in your question. This means to use the same type of car for each test and to use the same type and size balloon.
For more help, send your questions to ASK JANICE.
Click on the balloon car illustration for ideas about balloon cars.